[Remops] procmail help needed

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Sat Apr 4 16:02:32 BST 2020

Grant Taylor wrote:

> On 4/3/20 5:01 PM, Stefan Claas wrote:
> > Both :-) I do have an offline Notebook, which I always use when
> > receiving encrypted messages. I only have public keys, for encrypting
> > and signing, which are always used on my offline Notebook.
>
> Thank you for sharing.
>
> Now I have a better idea how to hack you.  <evil grin>
>
> http://nedroid.com/comics/2012-05-02-beartato-hackthedatabase.png
>
> > The only exception is one S/MIME cert, were I have not found an
> > adequate offline usage solution, to create the proper S/MIME messages.
>
> I would think that any decent MUA would allow you to do this.  The catch
> is going to be getting the email into and out of your isolated
> environment.  I'd think that an isolated mail server inside said
> environment using (offline) UUCP (bag files) would suffice.
>
> I've often wondered about using OpenSSL's (et al.) commands to interact
> with S/MIME.
>
> I'd be interested in a discussion about this over a (virtual) cup of
> coffee.  Though I don't know the best venue (list / newsgroup / email /
> other) to have said discussion.

I usually use keybase, Signal or a test newsgroups for discussions.

But currently it is more important for me to find an adequate solution
for self-generated message IDs, which can be used with a full custom
From: Header in Usenet postings (via mail2news), so that users can hide
the used Exit-Remailer, while it should not be possible to use this for
email.

P.S. We can discuss all things in alt.test.test if you like.

Regards
Stefan

--
Signal (Desktop) +4915172173279