[Remops] procmail help needed

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sat Apr 4 05:44:16 BST 2020

On 4/3/20 5:01 PM, Stefan Claas wrote:
> Both :-) I do have an offline Notebook, which I always use when
> receiving encrypted messages. I only have public keys, for encrypting
> and signing, which are always used on my offline Notebook.

Thank you for sharing.

Now I have a better idea how to hack you.  <evil grin>

http://nedroid.com/comics/2012-05-02-beartato-hackthedatabase.png

> The only exception is one S/MIME cert, were I have not found an
> adequate offline usage solution, to create the proper S/MIME messages.

I would think that any decent MUA would allow you to do this.  The catch
is going to be getting the email into and out of your isolated
environment.  I'd think that an isolated mail server inside said
environment using (offline) UUCP (bag files) would suffice.

I've often wondered about using OpenSSL's (et al.) commands to interact
with S/MIME.

I'd be interested in a discussion about this over a (virtual) cup of
coffee.  Though I don't know the best venue (list / newsgroup / email /
other) to have said discussion.

> No problem! :-)

:-)

--