[Remops] procmail help needed

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Sat Apr 4 00:01:37 BST 2020

Grant Taylor wrote:

> On 4/3/20 4:24 PM, Stefan Claas wrote:
> > Hi Grant,
>
> Hi Stefan,
>
> > If you have not seen my reply from yesterday yet, I found a solution!
> > :-)
>
> I saw that they were there, but I had not read them until after my reply.
>
> > YAMN client outfiles are the same as Mixmaster outfiles. One can
> > generate them with the client, so that the outfile (a complete Mix
> > Message) is written to the clients pool directory. This allows one to
> > create Remailer messages on an offline computer, in case he / she
> > downloaded the required stats and pub keys with an online computer
> > and then transfers those files to the offline computer.
>
> Thank you for explaining.
>
> So did you use the outfile for testing?  Or is that going to be a normal
> part of your email flow?

Both :-) I do have an offline Notebook, which I always use when receiving
encrypted messages. I only have public keys, for encrypting and signing,
which are always used on my offline Notebook.

The only exception is one S/MIME cert, were I have not found an adequate
offline usage solution, to create the proper S/MIME messages.

> > Thats what I did, yesterday. :-)
>
> ACK
>
> > Ok, like I said, I have my solution. The problem for me was that
> > Mailchuck sends messages as MIME email and not as plain ASCII message
> > bodies, thus messing up the outfiles, pasted into the message body of
> > a Bitmessage client, once they arrive at Iria.
>
> ACK
>
> > For my Exit Bob I don't need a signature strip-off solution, because
> > I made a mistake in thinking, i.e. Iria already strips this
> > signature.
>
> Cool.
>
> It sounds like you have things well in hand.  Sorry it took a few days
> to reply.

No problem! :-)

Regards
Stefan