[Remops] procmail help needed

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Fri Apr 3 23:24:05 BST 2020

Grant Taylor wrote:

Hi Grant,

If you have not seen my reply from yesterday yet, I found a solution! :-)

> On 4/1/20 4:48 PM, Stefan Claas wrote:
> > Hi Grant,
>
> Hi Stefan,
>
> > sure,
>
> Thank you.  It really does help by providing the full context of what
> I'm trying to help do.
>
> > sure,this is the only .promailrc I have on 300baud.de which is in
> > my YAMN $HOME:
> >
> > PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
> > SHELL=/bin/sh
> > MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir
> > DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/
>
> That looks like a minimal procmailrc file.  So we're starting from basics.
>
> > I want for Iria that incomming mail from a YAMN client's *outfile*
> > for the Remailer removes all MIME stuff in the message body, so that
> > only the required '::' in  the first line and all content betweenn
> > -----Begin Remailer Message----- and -----End Remailer Message-----
> > can be processed by Iria.
>
> Please forgive my ignorance of YAMM, I've not done much with it yet.
>
> Will you clarify what you mean by "YAMN client's *outfile*"?  Do YAMN
> clients post outgoing messages to a local file and rely on you sending
> that somehow?  Do they not do their own SMTP, directly or indirectly?
>
> Depending on where the YAMN outfile comes from, is it from a YAMN client
> or did it pass through email and a YAMN remailer to end up in procmail's
> care, procmail may not be involved in the YAMN outfile at all.
>
> If I assume that the YAMN outfile is generated locally and you're just
> talking about modifying a text file, then that should be relatively
> simple.  I'd probably use some other unix utility to get the lines
> you've indicated.

YAMN client outfiles are the same as Mixmaster outfiles. One can generate
them with the client, so that the outfile (a complete Mix Message) is written
to the clients pool directory. This allows one to create Remailer messages
on an offline computer, in case he / she downloaded the required stats and
pub keys with an online computer and then transfers those files to the offline
computer.

> I use a sed script to extract sub-sets of files all time at work.
> Something like this might d what you want:
>
> sed -n -e '/^::/p,/-----Begin Remailer Message-----/,/-----End Remailer
> Message-----/p'
>
> This does the following:
>
>   -n don't print lines without a p(rint) command.
>   -e use the following commands.
>        /^::/p   print lines starting with ::.
>        /...Begin.../,/...End.../p   print lines including and between
> ...Begin... and ...End...
>
> ... used for brevity.

Thats what I did, yesterday. :-)

> > For my Exit Bob I want that postfix or whatever can do the job strips
> > off signatures and all following content, so that in case this works
> > a Mailchuck user can send, via Bitmessage, an outfile from a YAMN
> > client and once the message is received it is not obvious that the
> > message originated from Mailchuck.
> Okay.  I think I understand what you're wanting there.  I need to see
> sample input and sample desired output.  I'm sure once we have the
> munging down, we can figure out how to integrate it with things.

Ok, like I said, I have my solution. The problem for me was that Mailchuck
sends messages as MIME email and not as plain ASCII message bodies, thus
messing up the outfiles, pasted into the message body of a Bitmessage
client, once they arrive at Iria.

For my Exit Bob I don't need a signature strip-off solution, because I
made a mistake in thinking, i.e. Iria already strips this signature.

Regards
Stefan

--
Signal (Desktop) +4915172173279