[Remops] procmail help needed

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Fri Apr 3 22:57:54 BST 2020

On 4/1/20 4:48 PM, Stefan Claas wrote:
> Hi Grant,

Hi Stefan,

> sure,

Thank you.  It really does help by providing the full context of what
I'm trying to help do.

> sure,this is the only .promailrc I have on 300baud.de which is in
> my YAMN $HOME:
>
> PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
> SHELL=/bin/sh
> MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir
> DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/

That looks like a minimal procmailrc file.  So we're starting from basics.

> I want for Iria that incomming mail from a YAMN client's *outfile*
> for the Remailer removes all MIME stuff in the message body, so that
> only the required '::' in  the first line and all content betweenn
> -----Begin Remailer Message----- and -----End Remailer Message-----
> can be processed by Iria.

Please forgive my ignorance of YAMM, I've not done much with it yet.

Will you clarify what you mean by "YAMN client's *outfile*"?  Do YAMN
clients post outgoing messages to a local file and rely on you sending
that somehow?  Do they not do their own SMTP, directly or indirectly?

Depending on where the YAMN outfile comes from, is it from a YAMN client
or did it pass through email and a YAMN remailer to end up in procmail's
care, procmail may not be involved in the YAMN outfile at all.

If I assume that the YAMN outfile is generated locally and you're just
talking about modifying a text file, then that should be relatively
simple.  I'd probably use some other unix utility to get the lines
you've indicated.

I use a sed script to extract sub-sets of files all time at work.
Something like this might d what you want:

sed -n -e '/^::/p,/-----Begin Remailer Message-----/,/-----End Remailer
Message-----/p'

This does the following:

  -n don't print lines without a p(rint) command.
  -e use the following commands.
       /^::/p   print lines starting with ::.
       /...Begin.../,/...End.../p   print lines including and between
...Begin... and ...End...

... used for brevity.

> For my Exit Bob I want that postfix or whatever can do the job strips
> off signatures and all following content, so that in case this works
> a Mailchuck user can send, via Bitmessage, an outfile from a YAMN
> client and once the message is received it is not obvious that the
> message originated from Mailchuck.
Okay.  I think I understand what you're wanting there.  I need to see
sample input and sample desired output.  I'm sure once we have the
munging down, we can figure out how to integrate it with things.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die