[Remops] procmail help needed

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed Apr 1 23:28:50 BST 2020

On 4/1/20 12:08 PM, Stefan Claas wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Stefan,

> I only use procmail for Iria to transfer incomming messages to
> Maildir so that my Remailer can pick them up. I have no procmail
> experience so far.

I've probably done more with procmail than is healthy.

> What I need now is an additional receipe for Iria that can strip
> headers in the message body from multipart/mixed messages so that
> outfiles from a YAMN client gets processed.

Can I see a copy of your existing ~/.procmailrc.

I don't think procmail itself can alter the messages.  But procmail can
easily call formail which can easily modify messages.

> I also need a second receipe for my exit Bob that strips signatures
> from outgoing messages. Assuming that procmaill can be used by
> postfix for outgoing messages.

Procmail is what's considered a Local Delivery Agent.  As in it receives
the email from the MTA and acts on it.  LDAs usually aren't involved in
sending outbound email.  I say usually because there are some nasty
hacks that can change that.  Nasty as in outbound email loops back
through the system, making it inbound to go through the LDA, which will
then send the email out in a different way.

> Here are two example messages without the complete headers:

Sorry, I'm not tracking these examples at the moment.  Please clarify
which one you want to do what with.  Please indicate what criteria you
are wanting to test on, if you know.

> The idea is that Mailchuck users, with a paid account, can use
> Remailers too.

Okay.

--
Grant. . . .