[Remops] procmail help needed

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Wed Apr 1 23:48:06 BST 2020

Grant Taylor wrote:

> On 4/1/20 12:08 PM, Stefan Claas wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> Hi Stefan,
>
> > I only use procmail for Iria to transfer incomming messages to
> > Maildir so that my Remailer can pick them up. I have no procmail
> > experience so far.
>
> I've probably done more with procmail than is healthy.
>
> > What I need now is an additional receipe for Iria that can strip
> > headers in the message body from multipart/mixed messages so that
> > outfiles from a YAMN client gets processed.
>
> Can I see a copy of your existing ~/.procmailrc.

Hi Grant,

sure, this is the only .promailrc I have on 300baud.de which is in
my YAMN $HOME:

PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
SHELL=/bin/sh
MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/

> I don't think procmail itself can alter the messages.  But procmail can
> easily call formail which can easily modify messages.
>
> > I also need a second receipe for my exit Bob that strips signatures
> > from outgoing messages. Assuming that procmaill can be used by
> > postfix for outgoing messages.
>
> Procmail is what's considered a Local Delivery Agent.  As in it receives
> the email from the MTA and acts on it.  LDAs usually aren't involved in
> sending outbound email.  I say usually because there are some nasty
> hacks that can change that.  Nasty as in outbound email loops back
> through the system, making it inbound to go through the LDA, which will
> then send the email out in a different way.
>
> > Here are two example messages without the complete headers:
>
> Sorry, I'm not tracking these examples at the moment.  Please clarify
> which one you want to do what with.  Please indicate what criteria you
> are wanting to test on, if you know.

I want for Iria that incomming mail from a YAMN client's *outfile* for the
Remailer removes all MIME stuff in the message body, so that only the
required '::' in  the first line and all content betweenn -----Begin Remailer
Message----- and -----End Remailer Message----- can be processed by Iria.

For my Exit Bob I want that postfix or whatever can do the job strips off
signatures and all following content, so that in case this works a Mailchuck
user can send, via Bitmessage, an outfile from a YAMN client and once the
message is received it is not obvious that the message originated from
Mailchuck.

Regards
Stefan

--