[Remops] Germany's Darknet Law

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Mon Jun 10 17:08:57 BST 2019

On 6/10/19 9:58 AM, Stefan Claas wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.

:-)

> I am sure I will find a solution in the future, should this law pass,
> otherwise I may have to close down my service in Germany.

Here's hoping you figure something out.

> I may contact also a lawer to get more infos. I only hope should I do
> this myself, that I am covered by whois guard and anonymous payment
> services etc. when running Remailers and .onion services. Unfortuantely
> then I am more or less anonymous and can't announce such services then
> under my name.

I don't know how similar things are for you, but here in the U.S.A. we
have a lot of … let's call them "questionable" bills (precursors to
laws) proposed.  Some of which are unclear how they will apply until
after they become law and said law is tested in court.

Do you have any ambiguity like that where you are?

HIPAA is a big example here in the U.S.A.  The laws are on the books,
but we're still seeing if ~> how they are enforced.  Read:  Just what is
the bite really going to be, if anything.

On a much smaller level, more and more cities are passing ordinances ~>
laws about no smoking in specific places.  Some businesses are choosing
to allow it and pay the fines as part of doing business to cater to
smoking clientele.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die