[Remops] Germany's Darknet Law

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Mon Jun 10 16:58:26 BST 2019

Grant Taylor wrote:

> On 6/10/19 3:49 AM, Stefan Claas wrote:
> > Or asking friends living in the U.S. etc. to register VPS space
> > etc. for us with their name and we pay them and and may maintain
> > the service(s)?
>
> I'm no lawyer, nor do I play one on TV.  I don't live in Germany
> either.
>
> But my general understanding of laws is that the government doesn't
> take kindly to people asking someone else to do something as their
> proxy.  I believe the government considers it tantamount to you doing
> what ever it is you're asking to be done.  As such, the proxy does
> little to buffer you.
>
> Much like kids (and adults) using other similar words in place of
> cuss words.  They're not using the cuss word per say, but the intent
> is the same.  If parents punish on the word -or- the intent, the
> child has still done something they are supposed to not do.

Thanks for the reply. I am sure I will find a solution in the
future, should this law pass, otherwise I may have to close
down my service in Germany.

I may contact also a lawer to get more infos. I only hope
should I do this myself, that I am covered by whois guard
and anonymous payment services etc. when running Remailers
and .onion services. Unfortuantely then I am more or less
anonymous and can't announce such services then under my
name.

Regards
Stefan