[Remops] Germany's Darknet Law

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Mon Jun 10 17:30:19 BST 2019

Grant Taylor wrote:

> On 6/10/19 9:58 AM, Stefan Claas wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply.
>
> :-)
>
> > I am sure I will find a solution in the future, should this law
> > pass, otherwise I may have to close down my service in Germany.
>
> Here's hoping you figure something out.
>
> > I may contact also a lawer to get more infos. I only hope should I
> > do this myself, that I am covered by whois guard and anonymous
> > payment services etc. when running Remailers and .onion services.
> > Unfortuantely then I am more or less anonymous and can't announce
> > such services then under my name.
>
> I don't know how similar things are for you, but here in the U.S.A.
> we have a lot of … let's call them "questionable" bills (precursors
> to laws) proposed.  Some of which are unclear how they will apply
> until after they become law and said law is tested in court.
>
> Do you have any ambiguity like that where you are?

I think it is the same with the Darknet law, thats why I
like to discuss this with (German speaking) remops. My little
current understanding is once this law has passed that we no
longer are allowed to run .onion servers or vpns etc.

I have not seen a written form yet of this law (proposal)
and only have read some news articles in the net.

I may check also with EFF, because they cover many
international topics beside local ones. They for example
reported also about EU articles 11 and 13 and what their
outcome may be for the Internet.

Regards
Stefan