[Remops] Call to remops to protest attempt to silence a remailer

Bird Admin remailer-admin at topazcrow.net
Wed Dec 6 23:44:12 GMT 2006

Eelbash Admin wrote:
[snip]

> I hope the operators are smart enough to realize that if the scumbag that
> lodged a phony complaint against me can get my remailer shut down, then
> what is to stop him lodging a phony complaint against any of them and
> getting their remailers shut down?
>
> I don't expect them to protest against the scumbag because they like the
> way my remailer is run; that should be irrelevant. They should protest
> against it because they could be next.
>
> I'll send this to the remops list to remind those boys where their real
> interests lie.
>
> And I have to add that I am disappointed at their silence so far.

There is nothing anyone can do about it. If someone is breaking the
rules by running a remailer, then they will be shut down when it is
found out. It's happened to me in the past when the bible spammer was
causing such havoc. The only thing that you can do is to host it in a
legitimate way so that complaints will not matter. This is the reason
many run a middleman so that they are not exposed to most complaints.

What exactly is 'protesting' about this complaint going to do? Am I
going to get out of a speeding ticket if I get enough people to protest
even though I was doing 80 in a 35? I think not.

>>> If you actually ran a remailer somebody might care. When it's you and your
>>> bullshit I think everyone is probably disappointed by the tactics, but
>>> willing to say good riddance anyway.

>>> Um, terror tactics? What theatrical horse shit. You must be truly worried
>>> you're about to loose your favorite snooping toy.

So we disapprove, so what. That is not going to change anything. Move on
and find another way to keep it running.

- --
Invisible Blackbird Admin