[Remops] Attn Paranoia: Consistently poor stats for paranoia remailer

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sat Oct 17 18:34:30 BST 2020

On 10/17/20 10:55 AM, Remailer Admin wrote:
> well, this is really a bad week for paranoia...

I'm sorry to hear that.

> yesterday the VPN started to loose a lot of packets, I've opened
> a ticket and waiting for a reply, a couple of hours ago was going
> better, but then again I noticed some packets lost (I think they are
> working to fix it).

~wince~

> In the meanwhile (and luckily I was monitoring the remailer) our
> automation have created a wrong DNS zone due to the configuration
> change made a couple of days ago.  Fixing this is really complicated,
> so I decided to revert the changes and remove mx1.investici.org as
> backup, at the moment this solution can't work.  we'll see if we can
> find a way to let it work again, otherwise no backup mx for paranoia.

If you (or anyone) want to talk about backup MX service, send me an
email directly.  I have some requirements (mostly around a list of what
addresses are valid so that I don't Joe Job people) but would generally
be willing to help.

That does bring up a question of what would thee remailer community at
large think of multiple remailers using the same backup MX server?
Remember, the backup MX has no visibility into the messages and is only
functioning as an SMTP way point.

> I hope the VPN problems will be addressed soon, at the moment we are
> losing 80% of the packets, this is the worst week for paranoia stats
> as far as I remember.

Ouch!

> paranoia remailer admin

/me slides paranoia remailer admin a drink of their choosing.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die