[Remops] Attn Paranoia: Consistently poor stats for paranoia remailer

Remailer Admin remailer-admin at remailer.paranoici.org
Sat Oct 17 17:55:26 BST 2020

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 01:10:31PM -0600, Grant Taylor wrote:

> On 10/14/20 12:42 PM, Remailer Admin wrote:
> > yes, I prefer to keep mx1.investici.org as a "backup" mx in case of
> > troubles, instead of bounce messages.

well, this is really a bad week for paranoia...

yesterday the VPN started to loose a lot of packets, I've opened a
ticket and waiting for a reply, a couple of hours ago was going better,
but then again I noticed some packets lost (I think they are working to
fix it).

In the meanwhile (and luckily I was monitoring the remailer) our
automation have created a wrong DNS zone due to the configuration change
made a couple of days ago.  Fixing this is really complicated,
so I decided to revert the changes and remove mx1.investici.org as
backup, at the moment this solution can't work.
we'll see if we can find a way to let it work again, otherwise
no backup mx for paranoia.

I hope the VPN problems will be addressed soon,
at the moment we are losing 80% of the packets,
this is the worst week for paranoia stats as far as I remember.

paranoia remailer admin