[Remops] Zax: 2 small mixmaster problems...

richard at quicksilvermail.net richard at quicksilvermail.net
Wed Oct 15 02:21:14 BST 2014

Hi Steve,

I encountered a couple small problems with your latest mixmaster. A few
days back I was sure everything was fixed. My bad. Apparently I
installed mix 3.0.3a and then compiled 3.0.2e. Sorry.

Let me explain the new problems I encountered.

line 567
// AES CTR mode is identical for encrypt/decrypt
int buf_aes_ctr128(BUFFER *buf, BUFFER *key, BUFFER *iv)
{
  unsigned int n = 0;
  unsigned char ecount[AES_BLOCK_SIZE];
  memset(ecount, 0, sizeof(ecount));
  AES_KEY ks;

Here, AES_KEY is placed wrong. You have it _after_ the memset function.
It needs to be before any functions are called. Easily fixed. I moved it
to first line of your buf_aes_ctr128 function.

With that corrected, I encountered a linker error (mix.exe) regarding an
unresolved external int KEYLEN. This required 2 changes.

In config.h line 368 the line needs DLLIMPORT added.
DLLIMPORT extern int KEYLEN;

In mixlib.def, this was added to the end of the file:
   KEYLEN                          @126 ; // RTC

Those 2 changes give mix.exe access to use KEYLEN from mixlib. It's not
something I'd expect you to be aware currently :)

Here's a link to a patch for those problems:
https://quicksilvermail.net/mix3.0.3a-msvc6.diff

Regarding our discussion of allpinger.txt:
In config.h, line 242 is the DEFAULT_ALLPINGERSURL.

I'm sure you know that.

Also, in menustats.c, line 504 you'll find 'noreply':
get_attribute (allpingers, "noreply", "rlist", value);

I didn't pursue this to determine it's purpose but it looks like
possibly a default remailer/rlist.

Those are not in the above patch. I thought I'd let you take care of
allpingers.

One more thing.

I'll be putting up the source on my website for this new mixmaster when
it's fixed. I do it the way Dysastry did. He included msvc6 project
files, the diff file and a link to the mixmaster source (at sourceforge).

In this case, there won't be a diff file, just the msvc6 project files.
Could you give me the URL I should include to get the 3.0.3a source from
github?

Thanks,

Richard