[Remops] jeremy - testing flag set

Jeremy Bentham Admin jeremyadmin at anemone.mooo.com
Mon Oct 6 17:31:35 BST 2014

Hi all:

I wanted to put jeremy on a 30 day key rotation schedule. So I set:

KEYLIFETIME 30d

in mix.cfg and edited the current secring.mix to expire in seven days.
My understanding was that this would make mixmaster generate a new key
with a 30 day expiry and delete the old key in seven days when it
expired.

For some reason, mixmaster didn't just generate a single new key, but
keeps generating new keys at somewhat random intervals. I think I'm up
to six or seven keys now, each with intervals of 2014-10-05 to 2014-11-04
or 2014-10-06 to 2014-11-05.

I don't understand this behavior. So I've set the testing flag on jeremy
for now. Hopefully things will settle down, but if they don't, I'll start
over with a new key in seven days.

If someone can help lend some insight into what is going on, I'd be very
interested. Suggestions on how to fix this mess would be even better ;)

The mixmaster version is 3.0.3a if that makes a difference. I doubt it is
related to anything specific to that version, though.

Thanks.

--
Jeremy Bentham Remailer Admin
Key fingerprint = D7DE B0DF E6F9 9256 A070  B841 1942 840B 8743 B6B5