[Remops] Announcing nymphemeral - a GUI client for use with forward-secret nyms

Jeremy Bentham Admin jeremyadmin at anemone.mooo.com
Wed Nov 12 20:18:03 GMT 2014

On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 02:28:30PM +0200, Jeremy Bentham Admin wrote:
>I am pleased to announce nymphemeral, a nym GUI client for
>enhanced Zax-style nymservs. Enhanced in this context means that
>messages sent from the nym and messages sent to the nym are
>wrapped with an additional layer of forward-secret symmetric
>encryption. In other words, each message is encrypted with its
>own unique key, and a compromise of the nymserv or the user will
>not permit decryption of old messages.

There's been a significant amount of work on nymphemeral since my
last announcement. Changes include:

  * several bugfixes and cleaner code
  * hsub database now encrypted on disk
  * all user-saved messages (default is not to save) encrypted on disk
  * custom email headers are now allowed (useful for posting to newsgroups)
  * inbox shows more information
  * installation script works on Centos as well as Debian/Ubuntu
  * probably more that I can't remember.

The easiest way to install nymphemeral is to use pip
(sudo apt-get install python-pip on Debian/Ubuntu).

For pip version < 1.5:
  sudo pip install nymphemeral

For pip version >= 1.5:
  sudo pip install --process-dependency-links nymphemeral

If you want to upgrade to the new version and installed nymphemeral
previously with pip, simply add the --upgrade flag to the above
commands.

Source code and alternate installation instructions are on github:

  https://github.com/felipedau/nymphemeral

Once you've got it installed, just type:
  nymphemeral

to launch the GUI. Usage instructions and GUI screenshots are at:

  https://felipedau.github.io/nymphemeral/usage/usage.html

Nymphemeral works with the nym.now.im nymserv. Details and the
public key are at:

  http://nym.now.im/nymserver

--
Jeremy Bentham Remailer Admin
Key fingerprint = D7DE B0DF E6F9 9256 A070  B841 1942 840B 8743 B6B5