[Remops] Oops! Small problem!

richard at quicksilvermail.net richard at quicksilvermail.net
Tue Nov 4 18:55:42 GMT 2014

On Tue, 4 Nov 2014 15:36:23 +0000, you wrote:

> --===============4444723953581769843==
>

> --KsGdsel6WgEHnImy
>
> On Mon, Nov 03, 2014 at 12:57:43PM -0700, richard at quicksilvermail.net wrote:
> >=20
> > Hi All,
> >=20
> > I'm very sad to say I've failed on the https problem with self-signed
> > certs. I put in 2-3 hours daily on this but nothing.
> >=20
> > I mentioned that mixmaster uses URLDownloadToFile to get the pages. It's
> > last parameter is an optional callback function that allows flags
> > (example: IBIND_IGNORESECURITYPROBLEM), along with possibly other
> > things, to be passed to the download function. I created the callback
> > and have it working, but the option flags do not work as expected. I
> > googled solutions forever! There was a change to the BINDINFO structure
> > somewhere along the line. Stuff was added. Maybe vc6 doesn't recognize
> > that.
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> I think the URLDownloadToFile function uses the same certificate store
> as Internet Explorer so it might be a case of telling IE to accept
> certain self-signed certificates.  I found these instructions on how to
> do that:-
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/681695/what-do-i-need-to-do-to-get-inter=
> net-explorer-8-to-accept-a-self-signed-certific
>
> I've tested this from within IE but don't have another URLDownloadToFile
> binary to test my theory against.  Might be worth a try with your 3.03a
> binary.

Hi Steve,

The instructions you show me describe how to get windows to accept self-
signed certs on MY computer. You wish this to be applied to all
mixmaster users? This can likely be done programatically, but I don't
see how, without an installation program.

I often miss the point completely :) Am I missing your point?

Richard