[Remops] Oops! Small problem!

Steve Crook steve at mixmin.net
Tue Nov 4 15:36:23 GMT 2014

On Mon, Nov 03, 2014 at 12:57:43PM -0700, richard at quicksilvermail.net wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm very sad to say I've failed on the https problem with self-signed
> certs. I put in 2-3 hours daily on this but nothing.
>
> I mentioned that mixmaster uses URLDownloadToFile to get the pages. It's
> last parameter is an optional callback function that allows flags
> (example: IBIND_IGNORESECURITYPROBLEM), along with possibly other
> things, to be passed to the download function. I created the callback
> and have it working, but the option flags do not work as expected. I
> googled solutions forever! There was a change to the BINDINFO structure
> somewhere along the line. Stuff was added. Maybe vc6 doesn't recognize
> that.

Hi Richard,

I think the URLDownloadToFile function uses the same certificate store
as Internet Explorer so it might be a case of telling IE to accept
certain self-signed certificates.  I found these instructions on how to
do that:-
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/681695/what-do-i-need-to-do-to-get-internet-explorer-8-to-accept-a-self-signed-certific

I've tested this from within IE but don't have another URLDownloadToFile
binary to test my theory against.  Might be worth a try with your 3.03a
binary.

Steve