[Remops] hermetix remailer smtp issues

remop at hermetix.org remop at hermetix.org
Fri May 16 12:18:12 BST 2014

Hi,
hermetix remailer had issues again with its (different) smtp provider.
After my hosting provider changed something in their firewall setup that
prevented me to deliver mail directly to internet hosts and wasn't able to
pinpoint the issue, I reconfigured the remailer MTA to use the ISP smtp server
as smarthost instead and that solved the issue for a while. Recently the ISP
has started to blackhole mail from my ip as well. It accept messages, but
nothing ever gets delivered. Since then I worked with the hosting provider to
fix the issue with their firewalls and smtp delivery now seems to work fine.
The host and the remailer themselves have been pretty stable and the hosting provider is remailer-friendly so it would be a waste to shut it down after seven years. Sorry for all the hickups recently, could pingers re-add it to their list, hopefully it should be more stable now.

Thanks!
hermetix admin