[Remops] mixmaster-3.0.2c

lists at notatla.org.uk lists at notatla.org.uk
Sun May 4 00:57:47 BST 2014

> Thanks very much for that, it makes life much easier.  Nice security
> patch too!

I'm a bit bothered by the fact that this has been lurking undiscovered
for years.  I've come to the view that the mixmaster binary and the
mix.cfg should be protected by "chattr +i".

People might want log rotation on error.log ... easy to add in the code
or to do manually.

> The other step on the road to significant take-up is to get a Windows
> binary compiled.  This is a nasty task unless somebody already has an
> environment suitable for dropping the new source into.  Is anyone on the
> list in a position to do that?

I think that's our main problem right now.  I wonder whether cloud providers
have a good Windows development image and how much help from a Windows programmer
would be needed to use it.