[Remops] What do we need to do to get to large keys?

Cypher cypher at cpunk.us
Sat May 3 23:58:06 BST 2014

Hello Group,

Over the last few weeks, I've posted a few times with development
projects that I thought would benefit the remailer community. Each time,
it was pointed out that, largely, the code for x was already written. In
particular, I'm referring to large key support in Mixmamster.

As I understand it, the new Mixmaster supports large keys up to 4096 and
there are a few 'experimental' remailers running the new code. So why
are we /all/ not running the new code? For the remailers that run it, it
seems to work. What needs to be the tipping point for everyone (under 50
remailers) to move over to large key code?

I realize that this would, of course, bring the need to regenerate keys,
etc, but is that such a huge deal?

Can someone clue me in?

Thanks,
Cypher