[Remops] Change of Course

Cypher cypher at cpunk.us
Thu May 1 22:27:16 BST 2014

Hello Everyone,

A few months ago, Crypto and I announced that we were beginning work on
updating Mixmaster to support some of the newer technology that's come
along in the last few years. At that time, we were not aware that
another member of the community was currently maintaining the software
and has been issuing updates regularly. Since we don't want to step on
anyone's toes, and we thing Steve is a pretty good dude, we're making a
slight course correction in our own future development.

 From today on, Crypto and I will be the developers of a new,
semi-compatible, remailer program, provisionally to be called Mixman.
Mixman will be written entirely in Python and will initially be focused
on near 100% compatibility with the 3.0 branch of Mixmaster. We'll
slowly add features over time and hope to create something spectacular
for the community.

Coding has already begun.

Of course, the software will be open source and we're looking for coding
help. Feel free to reach out to me or Crypto if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Cypher