[Remops] nymserv -- skipping emails

Steve Crook steve at mixmin.net
Mon Sep 17 10:20:41 BST 2012

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 07:18:51PM -0600, Breaka.net Admin wrote:
> 2012-09-16 18:55:39 INFO Beginning mailbox processing
> 2012-09-16 18:55:39 WARNING Unable to ascertain a recipient for this message.
> End of message was reached without finding a recipient or a blank line after
> the headers.
>
> The above lines are from nymserv.log. Pretty much self-explanatory -- nymserv
> is skipping all emails with the same error.
>
> I have been sending nymcfg messages with QSLite but even hand-rolled messages
> get the same result.
>
> Any ideas?

Hi Ken,

The Nymserver looks for X-Original-To headers in the incoming message.
If it finds one, it then checks the email address in that header to see
if it belongs to one of the domains the Nymserver processes.  If it
reaches the end of the headers without finding a recipient, you get that
error.

I'm guessing that when you're testing, the messages aren't being
delivered through an MTA and therefore don't have that header.

Steve