[Remops] Help--builing mixmaster from source

Steve Crook steve at mixmin.net
Mon Jun 11 15:59:00 BST 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 01:55:08PM +0000, mix wrote:

> Thankyou steve for mixmaster setup it went ok
> How to restart it again its not mixmaster -D or if it is it might be
> as root?
To detach the remailer as a daemon, it is mixmaster -D.  This should be
done as the Mixmaster user, not ever as root.

If you get problems, there is an error.log file to consult.

> I got the line in .procmailrc as per details in a post last month
>
> can you please show me your pingd.conf please?
Sure:-
http://pastebin.com/XSCK7CLk

> must I delete mixmaster and mixmaster user installed by echolot for
> some reason
If you want to run Mixmaster from source, you probably want to also
install Echolot manually.  I'd suggest keeping a dedicated instance of
Mixmaster for your mix user.  This way you can easily lock down access
to the entire /home/mix directory.  You can then either create another
dedicated instance for your Echolot user or have a general instance in
/usr/local/bin.

Suggest you completely purge your packaged copy of Mixmaster and
Echolot, otherwise things will get very messy.  Alternatively, stick
with both packages and don't install from source.  :)