[Remops] Breaka.net pinger

CDN Freelancer cdnfreelancer at yahoo.ca
Sat Jun 2 16:35:48 BST 2012

----- Original Message -----
[SNIP]
> Hi Ken,
>
> Have you seen the README file that comes with Echolot?  It includes
> instructions on how to get it working.

I have seen the file. However, once again it seems to not cover the Debian installation and I am sorting out several steps, particularly mail delivery (as usual).

>>  Getting an error whenever I send a command similar to:
>>
>>  ~$ pingd buildstats
>>  Use of uninitialized value $LOGLEVEL in numeric gt (>) at
>>  /usr/share/perl5/Echolot/Log.pm line 103.
> Have you got a loglevel set in your pingd.conf file?  If so, check that
> the syntax of the file is good.  Running 'perl -wc pingd.conf' will
> validate it for you.

That command reports that syntax is OK. I suspect the problem is similar to the problem I had with mixmaster, command line execution of pingd thinks its not configured, but I haven't had time to test this hypothesis. I'll let you know what happens.

-ken