[Remops] mixmaster over Tor?

adrelanos adrelanos at riseup.net
Fri Dec 28 20:33:28 GMT 2012

Jens Kubieziel:
> * adrelanos schrieb am 2012-12-28 um 13:08 Uhr:
>> There is no sendmail or any other local mail client installed.
>
> If you just followed the instructions in the article you linked,
> mixmaster delivers the mails to your local mailserver. If this is not
> configured they stay there and will not be sent.

Ok. Do you know some "more complete" instructions? It's very difficult
to find documentation about mixmaster nowadays.

And what I am trying (mixmaster over Tor) looks like an experiment no
one else did before (and write about).

> I assume you use a smarthost. So you should edit your
> /etc/mixmaster/remailer.conf:

Ok.

> SMTPRELAY  address.of.your.isps.smtp.server

Since all traffic is routed through Tor, "I don't have an ISP". Or in
other words, I have an ISP which changes approximately every 10 minutes
(when Tor automatically changes the circuit).

Using my isp's smtp server wouldn't be good. That's what I wanted to
hide in the first place.

I think I need to find some smtp server which accepts mail from anyone,
even from Tor exit nodes. Do you know open smtp servers?

Talking to mixmaster servers directly without having a third party smtp
server is impossible?

> SMTPUSERNAME  your-username
> SMTPPASSWOD  your-password
>
> Furthermore you should comment out SENDMAIL (put a # in front of the
> line).

Done this.