[Remops] Notice: Blocked header line: remailer at breaka.net matches remailer at breaka.net.

Marco Calamari marcoc at marcoc.it
Tue Aug 7 13:32:37 BST 2012

On Mon, 2012-08-06 at 14:19 -0600, Breaka.net Admin wrote:
> On Monday, August 06, 2012 10:06:58 AM you wrote:
> >
> > I cannot understand the latency problem; did you play with
> >  latency-related parameter in mix.cfg ? maybe it is a side
> >  effect of raising traffic ...
> >
> > HTH
>
> The following pingers are tracking breaka.net at least:
>
> http://senshiweb.webhop.net/mlist.html
>
> http://ixazon.dynip.com/~cmeclax/mlist2.html
>
> And it looks like things are improving. Latency seems to be between :51 and
> 39:40 (not sure why the discrepancy).
>
> What is confusing me is the up-time (between 41% and 57%). The server and
> daemon have been up 24/7 without downtime for weeks. I did restart the server
> the other day but I still see no reason the uptime should be so low. Unless
> something was in the queue and was dislodged on restart.

Uptime low means that the pings the pinger try to send directly to
 breaka cannot be delivered (SMTP availability problem?).

This AFAIK can be due to low mail server availability, but also to a bad
 DNS resolution of its name.

this is the server for get mail via POP3 to your remailer

marcoc at dantius:~$ host -t MX breaka.net
breaka.net mail is handled by 10 mail.adept-hosting.net.

marcoc at dantius:~$ telnet mail.adept-hosting.net 110
Trying 69.64.32.61...
Connected to mail.adept-hosting.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK Dovecot DA ready.

this is the SMTP server to sending mail to the remailer

marcoc at dantius:~$ telnet mail.adept-hosting.net 25
Trying 69.64.32.61...
Connected to mail.adept-hosting.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 dragon935.startdedicated.com ESMTP Exim 4.77 Tue, 07 Aug 2012
08:27:00 -0400
HELO here
250 dragon935.startdedicated.com Hello here [151.71.153.203]

Maybe they are not so available.

HTH   Marco