[Remops] New kind of stalking?

Len Sassaman rabbi at abditum.com
Tue Jun 3 21:50:48 BST 2008

Hmm. Does anyone want to make a convincing argument that anonymous
messages serve a legitimate purpose when sent to cell-phones?

Otherwise, it might be reasonable to block the major providers' SMS
gateway domains. Luckily they are all, I think, unique from the main cell
provider addresses.

Note that I think this should be discussed and agreed upon my the remops
before anything more than individual blocking is done -- it's best if we
all do it, or none.

(And on a side note, shame on the cell providers for not allowing the user
to delete messages without reading them/being charged. What happens when
people spam those addresses?)

--Len.