[Remops] New kind of stalking?

eel bash eelbash at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 3 21:11:42 BST 2008

Gentlemen:

I thought you might be interested in this if you haven't already come across it. I received a request to block an email address, which turns out to be the email address of a cell phone text address.

It was in the form 5555551212 at vtext.com. The vtext.com is Verizon.

This person is being sent literally hundreds of text messages to her cellphone that are coming through the eelbash remailer; or were coming through; they are now blocked.

This seems like an especially unpleasant form of harassment, since it costs the recipient 15 cents or so to open one of these, and if she doesn't open them, they block legitimate text messages (I think that's the case, not being very familiar with cell phones).

Anywhow, just thought I'd give you a heads up.