[Remops] Pings Senshi->Deuxpi

Len Sassaman rabbi at abditum.com
Sun Sep 9 21:44:10 BST 2007

On Sun, 9 Sep 2007, Philippe Gauthier wrote:

> I have been trying to debug this particular problem since the remailer
> was moved to a newer system. The problem seems to be related to
> randhopping mix messages from the remailer. Also it does not look like a
> mail transport problem since whitelisted and Cypherpunk messages are
> sent to any pinger. I can also sucessfully send mix messages directly
> from the remailer.
>
> I will try to merge a clean pool.c into the source tree (which is more
> or less a 3.0b2 tree with patches that were being tested for 3.0rc1) and
> see what good it might do. If it does not work, it might be a good
> enough reason to try to change from middleman to exit again. :)

Please let Peter, Colin, or I know if you do end up debugging this, and
finding that it's a Mixmaster problem.

(I'm curious to know if you still have it once you upgrade to 3.0rc1.)

BTW, now is the time for people to speak up about any unreported bugs in
3.0rc1. It's been out for a year, and there haven't been any complaints,
so 3.0 will probably be released in the next week or two.

Also, feature requests for 3.1 -- now's a good time to speak up about
that, as we're going to be defining the scope for that release and
freezing the design soon. We're not eager to make large changes to this
codebase at this point, as it is essentially mature, but if there's
anything you're really wanting, it doesn't hurt to ask (or send a patch.)
;)

Best,

Len