[Remops] bomb threats

leandro noferini leandro at mixmaster.it
Thu Aug 30 05:26:49 BST 2007

> I've been contacted by to american Universities and a Police dept.
>
> The remailer network, hermetix at least, has been used to send many bomb
> threats repeatedly to different location over the last week or so.
>
> Have other remailers been used to your knowledge?

Also  george was  contacted for  the same  kind of  message by  the same
organization but  when we tried to  answer the police  email address was
rejected.

> Contextual food for thoughts:
>
> JAP has an additional 'feature' that was added to the Mix server code
> that enables operators to revoke anonymity if they all work together and
> recompile their software. As stated above, this is completely covered by
> the AN.ON threat model and no security leak. Currently, further research
> is done by AN.ON to make this functionality even more privacy-friendly

This time  for the  "terrible" bomb threat,  the next for  orrible child
pornography, then for an ugly husband with a lover.....

This is a bad door to open....

--
Ciao
leandro