[Remops] Attn Mail2News Admins

Admin admin at twistycreek.com
Tue May 16 01:07:41 BST 2006

Hello Senshi-Admin,

Monday, May 15, 2006, 4:04:50 AM, you wrote:

SA> On 13 May 2006 at 18:44, Dingo Admin wrote:

>> >Amigo mail2news is not, and never has been,
>> >anonymous/anonymizing (unlike the Amigo remailer).
>> >
>> >Amigo
>>
>> Have you simply decided that's the way it's going to be, and don't want
>> to hear any arguments that may cause you to reconsider?

SA> Hi,
SA> I somwhow don't understand the problem here. Mail2news NEVER has been
SA> an additional anonymizing step. It is what it's name says: a simple
SA> Mail to News gateway. Anonymization takes places in the remailer
network.

>>> but does encourage netcops to contact the remailer ISP,
>>> thinking that's the actual source of a message they want to moan about.

SA> Sure, as it happens with messages sent directly by Email. You want to
shift
SA> that load to the mail2news admin?

SA> If you're an exit remailer, your IP is known anyway. You will get
SA> complaints from Email-recipients and News-readers. If you're concerned
SA> about it, you should go middle.
SA> If you're a middle remailer, then don't allow posting to keep your IP
SA> hidden.

SA> Senshi-Admin

No offense to anyone, but the Thrasher incident causes me much more alarm.
should have immediately blocked it with the first announcement. I think
Reece stuck his you know what's out to tell us. I have totally blocked
Thrasher in/out and removed it from my cap string until we learn more. I
hope the other re-mailers pinging Thrasher have also blocked it for the
time
being. M2News is way down on my list. Thrasher is No. 1 on my priorities
because he was the highest loaded re-mailer. He also mentioned his keys
were
destroyed but may have been compromised. I have decided to take preemptive
actions by totally blocking Thrasher.

Being in the US, I don't know what the law in Australia is. He may have
broken a gag order and be in serious legal problems. My sympathies lie with
Reece.

For M2News, the message posted is my responsibility as an exit. I wouldn't
have it any other way. I am the one that should receive the complaints, and
I do. Under the ToS for a commercial account, I am responsible, not my ISP.
I have yet to receive a complaint from my ISP about anything.

When I first started, I did get a complaint from my ISP that I was
operating
against the ToS of a "home" account. That's why I went commercial. They
really can't complain now. The burden is on me. I am not violating their
ToS
so there is nothing for them to complain about.

Again, what happened to Thrasher is much more alarming and a concern. Here
in the US, my concern is the second amendment as a gun owner. When I lose
the right to own a gun, the right to free speech will soon follow.

Sounds too much like Australia. They lost the right to own handguns a few
years back. Now look what follows.

- --
Best regards,
 Admin                            mailto:admin at twistycreek.com