[Remops] Help - PGP decrypt problem

Admin admin at twistycreek.com
Fri Feb 3 18:20:48 GMT 2006

Hello Remops,

snipped

A> Darn. After over a week without any PGP "failed to decrypt" messages in my
A> trash, I found 4 this AM. All occurred between the hours of 3:22 and 4:48
A> this morning. Nothing was scheduled to run (backup or anything during that
A> time period). One of the messages was from my own remailer. These are the
A> headers:

A> From local at Reliable Fri Feb 03 04:48:03 2006
A> To: remailer at twistycreek.com

A> I am off today, I had a late night emergency call out to a customer site. I
A> am too tired to go back to the office today.

A> I'll take this time to install the original PGP 6.5.8 Desktop Version today.
A> I assume it is a "safe" copy of PGP to use. I know that Imad Faid worked
A> from it to develop the ckt builds. I would imagine during that period of his
A> development, if he had discovered any flaws in the commercial version, they
A> would have been made known as was with PGP 5.

A> Keeping my fingers crossed.

When things go wrong, they really go wrong. Back to PGP 6.5.8ckt. For whatever
reason, Reliable hated PGP 6.5.8 Desktop. It refused to run and gave an
error message of a fault in the code and died. Then I reinstalled PGP
6.5.8ckt and restarted. Then Mercury wouldn't run right. It came up and did
nothing. I tried to send through it and it refused to accept a message. 5
reboots later (and hours) everything decided to work.

Maybe I should have gotten some sleep first :(

Now that it is running again, I'll learn to live with the occasional PGP
failed to decrypt errors.

Time for a NAP. Never again. If it ain't really broke bad, don't fix it.

--
Best regards,
 Admin                            mailto:admin at twistycreek.com