[Remops] Help - PGP decrypt problem

Admin admin at twistycreek.com
Fri Feb 3 16:02:23 GMT 2006

Hello Admin,

A> Hello Senshi-Admin,

A> Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 6:24:29 PM, you wrote:

SA>> Hi,

SA>> On 31 Jan 2006 at 23:30, Admin wrote:

>>> Since I turned off the auto retrieve of nym messages from AAM, I have not
>>> had a PGP decrypt error. No errors like that at all.
>>>
>>> Has anyone received a PGP encrypted message error from me for the last
>>> couple of days?

SA>> here are the numbers of undecryptable messages coming from twisty to senshi:

SA>> 28.1.: 1
SA>> 29.1.: 4
SA>> 30.1.: 4
SA>> 31.1.: 1
SA>>  1.2.: 2

SA>> And no, I'm not running JBN.

SA>> Senshi-Admin

A> Thanks, I was hoping I found the answer :( Guess not. I am not showing any
A> yet. Maybe I'll try switching from the ckt build to the honest old desktop
A> version that I bought years ago. PGP was offered for free so long, that I
A> thought I should buy a legitimate copy some years back to help Phil
A> Zimmerman stay in business. I still have the original CDs (along with 5.0)
A> that I also bought for the same reason. Little did I know about 5.0. at the
A> time :) I'll get to it this weekend and see if that makes a difference.

snipped

Darn. After over a week without any PGP "failed to decrypt" messages in my
trash, I found 4 this AM. All occurred between the hours of 3:22 and 4:48
this morning. Nothing was scheduled to run (backup or anything during that
time period). One of the messages was from my own remailer. These are the
headers:

From local at Reliable Fri Feb 03 04:48:03 2006
To: remailer at twistycreek.com

I am off today, I had a late night emergency call out to a customer site. I
am too tired to go back to the office today.

I'll take this time to install the original PGP 6.5.8 Desktop Version today.
I assume it is a "safe" copy of PGP to use. I know that Imad Faid worked
from it to develop the ckt builds. I would imagine during that period of his
development, if he had discovered any flaws in the commercial version, they
would have been made known as was with PGP 5.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

--
Best regards,
 Admin                            mailto:admin at twistycreek.com