[Remops] Status of the Mixmaster project

admin at remailer.org.uk admin at remailer.org.uk
Fri Aug 19 16:02:26 BST 2005

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 04:12:48 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

> (Not to worry -- Mixmaster 3.0 will continue to be maintained in the form
> of bugfixes and periodic updates for the foreseeable future. Most of our
> development efforts post Mixmaster 3.0 will be focused on improving the
> Type III remailer network and Mixminion compatible applications, however.
> The eventual goal is to phase out the Type II remailers in favor of Type
> III, though this will be a careful process.)
>
> I can't promise to make more than minor feature enhancements to Mixmaster
> 3.0 at this point, as we're already in the beta stages of 3.0, but I would
> like to ensure that all outstanding bugs have been addressed. We haven't
> received any reports of new bugs since the last beta version of 3.0 was
> released, but in case there's something we've missed, or something you've
> been meaning to report, now is your chance.
>
> Thanks again, all of you, for work as remops.

When will mixminion be available for Debian via the apt-get or
aptitude package?

The only reason I run a linux server at present is to run
Mixmaster. I am by no means a linux expert. I would be happy to
install Mixminion, alongside Mixmaster, if it was a piece of
cake.  The present instructions for Mixminion suggest it is not.