[Remops] [SOLVED] Re: Message loops back to us

Grotto remop at grotto.thenorthinn.com
Thu Nov 18 22:32:09 GMT 2021

On Fri Nov 5 13:48:13 GMT 2021 Grotto wrote:

> I wonder why I am seeing this in Grotto remailer's error.log.
> Is it normal behavior for a new remailer?
>
> [2021-11-05 10:27:22] Info: [472] Message loops back to us; storing in pool rather than sending it.
> [2021-11-05 10:39:23] Info: [472] Message loops back to us; storing in pool rather than sending it.

Answering my own question: When I first set up my remailer and
was testing it I needed to feed my pool with some dummy messages.
To accomplish this I used a small Bash script suggested by Zax.
It was the artificial traffic generated from that script which
was causing the constant "Message loops back to us" warnings.

Once I turned off the Bash script the warnings stopped.

Grotto
remop at grotto.thenorthinn.com