[Remops] ping Zax [YAMN] dest.allow and dest.block

Stefan Claas spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 17:28:05 BST 2021

Hi Steve,

I hope you are well and that you are not so busy and maybe you
have time to answer my question.

Do you think it would be useful, to let the YAMN Network grow,
to implement a dest.allow and dest.block list so that future YAMN
remops do not need to fiddle around with postfix (transport maps etc.)
and could therefore run a sort of hybrid YAMN Remailer, which would
act then as middle and partial exit?

The reason why I ask this is, I like to run two YAMN Remailers again
but I am currently thinking it is personally no longer worth for me to
run full exit nodes, but I really want to give users a) the option to
use m2n Gateways and b) that they can send email to selected domains.

I would like to whitelist some domains, like ctemplar etc., or in case
Gmail etc. users are in need to exchange YAMN messages from there
I would like to offer this too, in a form that those users have to pay in BTC
or PayPal a one time donation, similar to what Hal proposed back in
the 90's, i.e. 'Paid Remailers'.

I already asked on the postfix ML a while ago for dest and block
list, but received no proper answer(s).

I would not share among other YAMN remops the whitelist and would
keep it only for my Remailers and would only publish whitelisted
domains, like ctemplar etc, so that users have the option to sign-up with
such services, to enjoy communications via the YAMN Network too.

In case you have no time or don't like the idea, this is perfectly fine
for me, but then I would hope that fellow remops are jumping in an
let us discuss for YAMN a working postfix solution, which then would
allow me (us) to whitelist domains and in case a user of such a domain
wants later to be blocked, for whatever reason he/she has, that this
would work too.

Best regards
Stefan