[Remops] Custom Message-IDs usage for YAMN clients/exits ...

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Fri Apr 3 23:55:37 BST 2020

Hi Steve and all remops,

because Exit Remailers allow the option to have full custom
From: Headers I was wondering if this would be useful if users
could inject a custom message-id with there client so that it
get's accepted by postfix's Exit Remailer, when one likes to
post to Usenet, via a mail2news gateway?

I tried some things today, but it did not work.

I guess this option could be problematic for email, because
a message then may be seen as spam, thus asking only for
Usenet support.

Why? Maybe it would be a good idea, because if all Exits would
allow this option, one inspecting Headers of Usenet postings
does not know if the message originated from Remailer A or B etc.

Sounds maybe crazy, but I thought to share my idea.

Stay healthy all
and best regards

Stefan

--