[Remops] Encrypting Remailer filesystem

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Mon May 27 16:46:21 BST 2019

Stefan Claas wrote:

> SEC3 wrote:
>
> > Hi Stefan & Grant,
> >
> > This subject at one time was of great interest to me. I made note of
> > the discussion on APA-S, back in 2014. Here it is:
> >
> > <https://groups.google.com/forum/message/raw?msg=alt.privacy.anon-server/stJi0CCkz44/oomq2VaCkYMJ>
> >
> > Zax therein describes protecting his secring.mix key with a small
> > encrypted partition using cryptsetup.
> >
> > Hope this helps, Stefan. If this is your first time working with
> > partitions on your VPS you will want to proceed with caution. Make
> > backups. Maybe wait til Zax replies to this and he could advise you
> > further.
>
> Thanks a lot sec3!

Hi sec3,

I just came from work and had time to read Zax's article, which
looks good.

However, what I like to do, as understood Christian did, is like
to encrypt the pool, so that third parties can not see what
messages resides in an exit's pool, so that they don't know
in advance what destination the messages have, if that makes
any sense.

Hopefully Zax can give an advise!

Regards
Stefan