[Remops] Newer Mixmaster software?

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Fri Jun 7 18:17:36 BST 2019

Jens Kubieziel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm planning to set up a new Mixmaster server. I'd use mixmaster 3
> from Debian. However I remember that people tried to develop newer
> version in the past. So what is the current recommended version of
> Mixmaster?

Hi Jens,

The latest Mixmaster version, from Elvis supporting 4k keys,
you can find here:

https://github.com/merkinmuffley/mixmaster4096

I would go however with the successor of Mixaster, called YAMN,
developed by Zax.

More modern crypto and easier to install.

https://github.com/crooks/yamn

I have also binaries for all platforms cross-compiled, so that
you can give it a try prior self compiling.

https://keybase.pub/stefan_claas/software/yamn/

And here are the current YAMN pingers:

http://mixmin.net/yamn/
http://echolot.theremailer.net/yamn/