[Remops] Attn: Elvis

richard at quicksilvermail.net richard at quicksilvermail.net
Thu Mar 23 01:04:14 GMT 2017

Hi Elvis,

Well, as I mentioned in the group your mix 3.1 compiled fine, but I have
a couple concerns that you might be able to help me out with.

When I downloaded the mix 3.1 source from your github account, the file
is called:
mixmaster4096-master.zip

The source definately said 3.1 in version.h.

I wasn't too concerned about the filename when I was compiling, but as
part of my release, I will be putting up my vc6 project files so other
windows programmers can compile 3.1. In this case I'm not including a
diff file as there is none :)

But with the project files I need to provide info or link as to where
they can get the exact mix source that I compiled.

I use Janis Jagars (Disastry) 2.9b39 source release as a guide as to
what I do.

Here is the README he put in with his release along with his patch and
project files. No other source is included. I'm omitting the GPG sig
lines:

this is mixmaster 2.9b39 for windows

compiled with MSVC6sp5 from mixmaster-2.9b39.tar.gz (md5sum
f75bbd67adf2b4e39a06b577f0216849)
patched with mix29b39msvc.diff (md5sum 9a29946531425e23423ba7a66c5444c1)

compiled with zlib-1.1.4 and pcre-2.08.

needs libeay32.dll (from openssl 0.9.6.g)

So my problem is, mixmaster4096-master.zip... It doesn't give a specific
version in the filename. Apparently, this might remain the same no
matter what version is available.

I'm probably missing something.

Also, I could find no pgp sig, sha256, or md5 file to verify the
download. I'm probably missing something here as well.

Any help will be appreciated.

Richard

PS if this is the wrong place to contact Elvis, please direct me to the
correct location.