[Remops] [ANNOUNCE] New middleman remailer Lisbeth with NEW MIX KEY

Lisbeth Remop pinger-admin at sec3.net
Tue Jul 19 18:19:56 BST 2016

> Why do you set your type1 key to never expire?
> Why not let it's *subkey* expire on the same day as the type2 key?
>
> And why only 1024 bits? All versions of Pgp capable of handling DSA
> (DH/DSS) keys are compatible with 4096 bits.
> This is different from type2 keys, where only the current verions
> of mixmaster can handle 4096 bits.
>
> I guess it's both mixmaster's default, though...
>
> Bye,
> Senshi-Admin

I hear you. If I knew how to write code I would update Mixmaster
to allow large PGP keys and allow expiry dates and autorenewal
of keys similar to the way it treats Mix keys.

In the absence of that functionality I've tried many times to
import a GnuPG-generated PGP key and paste it into pgpkey.txt
and secring.pgp. But Mixmaster rejects such keys. It quickly
deletes them and generates a new 1024bit key with no expiry date.

 Lisbeth Remop
 SEC3 Admin
 contact info and pgp key at https://sec3.net