[Remops] Mix-3.0.3a msvc6 Success!

richard at quicksilvermail.net richard at quicksilvermail.net
Thu Oct 23 22:48:43 BST 2014

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 00:47:30 +0100, you wrote:

> > I just downloaded the latest from:
> > https://github.com/merkinmuffley/mixmaster4096
>
> > It compiles fine! I see there is still one 'noreply' in menustats.c but
> > on looking carefully, I see it's in what appears to be a tiny test
> > program at the bottom of the file. No doubt you saw that. Not a problem.
>
> > One question. I'm expecting to release mixmaster in a couple days and a
> > couple more after that for QSL. Is there any reason to hold off on these?
>
> It doesn't have the DLL KEYLEN stuff you were talking about the other day.

Yep, no KEYLENs at all, so no problem.

> What do you mean about the 'noreply' in menustats.c?

I mentioned this in the email regarding allpingers URL. This code is at
the bottom of menustats.c:

#if 0
int main() {
  strcpy(MIXDIR,"./");

  BUFFER *allpingers;
  BUFFER *pingernames;
  BUFFER *value;

  allpingers = buf_new();
  pingernames = buf_new();
  value = buf_new();

  read_allpingers (allpingers);
  get_sections (allpingers, pingernames);

  printf("%s", pingernames->data);

  get_attribute (allpingers, "noreply", "rlist", value);
  printf("%s\n", value->data);

  exit(0);
}

#endif

Looks to me like a small test program. Doesn't appear to be compiled
into mixmaster.

> I'm soon aiming to test the build on Debian with recent OpenSSL (which
> someone has complained about in apas).
>
> Has anyone run a remailer with this on Windows?  How does the rsastats.txt
> file turn out (I wonder because of Windows-style line endings).

Prior to 3.0.2e no one.

When 3.0.2e was released, an anon person in the newsgroup set up a test
remailer for a very short time and reported that it worked. That's all
we have.

>> CONGRADULATIONS Richard!  Upon testing messages to email
>> addresses and news thru my jury rigged Linux remailer containing
>> mytestremailer's key and altered mlist and rlist, I am beginning to
>> receive messages to both.  They took longer than I thought to
>> arrive, but the first email to one of my personal email addresses
>> this morning just came in.  I sent them via my Linux remailer to
>> chain=mytestremailer,dizum and thought they would be back almost
>> instantly after I saw them arrive at the test mytestremailer, but
>> it is taking them a while to arrive.  I will continue to test to
>> make sure I am not slipping up in my reasoning.
>>
>> Everything still working ok, except key request.  When I send a
>> remailer-key request, mixmaster is just sending it along to the
>> snorky smtp server that then rejects it.  How is this Win mixmaster
>> supposed to recognize, split out, and return request?
>
>  This morning I did a remailer-key request using my own smtp
> rather than snorky and received the remailer key as requested.
> This concludes my testing of Mixmaster 3.0.2e WIN32.  As far as I
> can see, it is working perfectly as a Windows remailer server.

Both entries above are from the same person.

Regarding rsastats.txt, I've never seen that file. I've never setup a
remailer, just client. I honestly don't know anything about the remailer
setup.

Is there any reason to not release mix 3.0.3a for win32 within a couple
days?

Regards,

Richard