[Remops] Running Echolot (pingd)?

steve at mixmin.net steve at mixmin.net
Tue Mar 18 17:20:28 GMT 2014

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 06:52:52PM -0500, Crypto wrote:

> Hello Everyone!
>
> I've installed Echolot on alpha.jpunix.net and ringo.jpunix.net. I've
> started pingd using the command "pingd start --detach". Is this all I
> need to do to start pingd to collect statistics? DO I need to manually
> add every remailer to be pinged? Is there any specific documentation?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Crypto,

You need to add some remailers to it.  You can do this manually using:
pingd add remailer at foo

Or you can use some shell magic to import an entire mlist2.txt file:
grep \$remailer mlist2.txt | cut -f 2 -d \< | cut -f 1 -d \> | xargs pingd add

Once you have five remailers in your pinger, the list is self-managing
as remailers inform your pinger about other remailers they know about.