[Remops] Generating a stronger PGP key?

Crypto crypto at jpunix.net
Mon Mar 17 21:00:19 GMT 2014

On 3/17/2014 3:53 PM, Lance Cottrell wrote:
> I designed Mixmaster to be backwards compatible, but it was
> certainly always my hope that Mixmaster would replace the older
> remailers.
>
> Back in the early 1990’s longer keys were a significant performance
> issue. As I recall, that is why we went with 1024 for PGP.
>
> -- Lance Cottrell loki at obscura.com
>

> On Mar 17, 2014, at 1:26 PM, Bergman Admin <bergmin at xcis.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On 17/03/14 04:11 PM, Crypto wrote:
>>> Mixmaster was NEVER intended to replace the type-I Ghio
>>> remailer.
>>
>> I stand corrected. And thanks for the explanation.
>>
>> It's amazing, isn't it, how computational power has increased
>> over such a relatively short time.
>>

>> Bergman Remailer Admin 0x770251F2

Hello Lance!

I'll let you take over from here! :) My apologies for mis-stating the
intent of Mixmaster. I didn't think we were going to replace the
Type-I, just augment it. You are the true Mix"master"! :)

- --
Crypto

nails, pellets, knives, shoes, underwear, milk, socks,
hair, toenails, masturbation, gasoline, cooking oil,
mayonnaise, bananas, Obama, Clinton, EFF, NSA, FBI,
PGP, USA, pressure cooker, marathon, fertilizer

Keywords are not necessarily in order of importance