[Remops] Upgrade mixmaster network to the new keys

Remailer Admin remailer-admin at remailer.paranoici.org
Thu Jul 31 19:50:02 BST 2014

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 03:44:07PM +0200, Jeremy Bentham Admin wrote:

> It looks like my straw man timetable is too aggressive. That makes
> sense. Perhaps a 3-month timetable is better, with a six week 1k/4k
> key overlap period?

I agree, timeline is too short and segregation should to be avoided.
Other remops feedback is mandatory.
I will be offline in august,
so I could work on upgrade on september, not before.

> Also, I've contacted the mixmaster debian maintainer. He's unwilling
> to update the package until the 3.0.2e changes are incorporated into
> the official codebase on sourceforge with appropriate peer review etc.
> Does one of the devs want to tackle this?

Peer review cannot be done by developers, it has to be done by someone
"external", and is a good practice (even if it takes time).