[Remops] Cannot install 4k mixmaster

Redwine Admin admin at redwine.zapto.org
Sat Aug 2 16:47:04 BST 2014

Hi there,

I tried to install a mixmaster 4k remailer using these instructions:

https://anemone.mooo.com/mixmaster.html

Sadly no succes. I am failing at the ssl part.

./config, make, make test, make install all finish without errors.
The error occurs when it comes to the part "Symlink the new OpenSSL
installation ... "

cd /usr/lib
 sudo mv libssl.a libssl.a.old  <<<

Here it says "File or folder not found", and indeed there is no libssl.a
in /usr/lib/.

"locate libssl.a" shows libssl.a resides in /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/

What now? I do not want to break my system, neither redwine nor one of
my boxes at home. So I am somewhat reluctant to mess around with
something important like ssl.

Is there anybody capable and willing to create *deb packages for the
needed openssl and mixmaster 4k?

I never succeeded in installing mixmaster from source, so I depend on
debian packages.

Thanks for any help.

redwine admin