[Remops] Postfix set up help

cmeclax cmeclax-sazri at ixazon.dynip.com
Mon Apr 21 11:54:20 BST 2014

On Sunday, April 20, 2014 20:07:19 Config wrote:
> I am completely new to using postfix and can't figure out what to do to
> fix my problem by reading the manual. I was trying to test my new
> remailer setup by sending the following subjects to it:
>
> To root at inwtx.net
> To remailer at mixmaster.inwtx.net
>
> Subject: remailer-key
> Subject: remailer-conf
>
> Return error messages:
>
> rcpt to: key at inwtx.net
> 550 5.1.1 key at inwtx.net: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in
> local recipient table
>
> rcpt to: remailer-key at mixmaster.inwtx.net
> 554 5.7.1 remailer-key at mixmaster.inwtx.net: Relay access denied
> rcpt to: remailer-conf at mixmaster.inwtx.net
> 554 5.7.1 remailer-conf at mixmaster.inwtx.net: Relay access denied
>
> rcpt to: root at inwtx.net
> 250 2.1.5 Ok
>

> My remailer.conf has everything going to mbox
> MAILBOX /var/lib/mixmaster/mbox
>

> As far as I can see, root at inwtx.net is the only test mail that made it
> through. Through deduction, it seems that I have to setup postfix to
> accept mixmaster.inwtx.net somewhere. Should this also be in the
> 'mydestination =' line?
> This is what is in it now:
> mydestination = inwtx.net, localhost, localhost.localdomain, localhost
> relayhost =

Yes.

> Secondly, it seems like I have to place any 'Recipient address' that
> comes in somewhere to keep them from rejecting (key in key at inwtx.net).
> Something about these files? local_recipient_maps, luser_relay,
> relay_domains
>
> Can someone point me to the right files/parameters for this? The postfix
> manual has only served to confuse me.

If you want the server to accept mail to key and send it to the remailer, put
"key: mixmaster" in the aliases file. I have a line "ziho: cmeclax" in my
/etc/aliases. If I sent mail to the end recipient (which I don't, being
middleman, but I keep the line anyway), it would be sent with "From:
ziho at ixazon.dynip.com". Someone might respond to it, and Mixmaster responds to
such replies with "You have replied to an anonymous message".

cmeclax
--
You can also reach me at BM-2D9nCB5w1ToLGphGr191tdff9teSzk6STi
(see http://bitmessage.org).