[Remops] remailer was down for six days

cmeclax cmeclax-sazri at ixazon.dynip.com
Mon Apr 21 01:59:08 BST 2014

On Monday, April 21, 2014 02:39:25 Senshi-Admin wrote:
> On 21 Apr 2014 at 0:17, Marco Gruß wrote:
> > Senshi is behind GMX, a major German (free) web mail provider.
> > They likely don't accept mail from dynamic IP addresses or
> > what they think are dynamic addresses.
>
> Depends. GMX should accept mail from any IP address.
> My pinger is not on GMX.

I managed to get to senshi through two relay hosts: my incoming mail server,
which is in another county, and the mail server of the ISP it's on. It's a bit
of a kluge, but it appears to be working. I sent a test message; I haven't run
getkeys since fixing it.

My IPv4 address here in the boonies is in shared address space, behind
carrier-grade NAT, and GMX doesn't accept mail from such addresses. My IPv6
address is dynamic (it changes when there's a heavy rainstorm either here or
at the earth station) but accessible from outside.

I'm also seeing some strange symptoms because I had to upgrade some packages.

cmeclax