[Remops] Mixmaster compilation success

Brian O'Connor bergmin at xcis.net
Tue Sep 3 07:13:56 BST 2013

I finally got it compiled.

I downloaded the version that Steve recommended.

http://www.mixmin.net/mixmaster-3.0.1b.tar.gz

I unpacked it and gave it a go. But I began running into the same
problems. The Install script couldn't find the dependencies it needed.

Then I figured it out.

I edited the Install script. I appended usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/

to the list of search paths on this line (line # 80)

for i in /usr/local/lib /usr/lib /lib /usr/lib64 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu

It still complained about the OpenSSL version. But it didn't fail as
before. It continued on.

It quickly compiled the binary, and then began asking me configuration
questions like "Do you want a middleman remailer? Etc...